We Accept Paypal & Klarna.

0
0
Subtotal: £0.00
No products in the basket.

Sustainability

Our Sustainability promise

Here at RLHomeDecor we have always and will always have sustainability at the forefront of our minds. We as a business want to minimise our impact on the planet. We want to do our bit, just as other businesses are just like us, on reducing waste, and minimising our carbon footprint.

How we as a small independent business are able to do this
  • We encourage all our staff to walk or cycle to work with a designated area provided in-store for bikes to be stored. This reduces the amount of car emissions.
  • We recycle 100% of all our cardboard. We do this by, 95% of all cardboard we receive from suppliers, we reuse to put your online orders into. This way we don’t have to buy cardboard boxes to put your products in, hugely minimising waste. The remaining 5% we box up and give to the local community as home moving boxes. This way we are not just reducing our carbon footprint, but also that of the community also, as they don’t need to buy cardboard.We have had talks with some of our suppliers as to the type of packaging they are using, and many are now reverting to a more sustainable way of packaging, i.e recycled cardboard as their cardboard boxes. Many more of our suppliers are adopting this.
  • We recycle 100% of our packaging. All our packaging we get in from suppliers goes into protecting your parcels during transit. We have had talks with some of our suppliers as to the type of packaging they are using, and many are now reverting to a more sustainable way of packaging, i.e shredded recycled paper, instead of polystyrene. Many more of our suppliers are adopting this. We do still have to buy packaging but this is bought in huge bulk as to reduce vehicle carbon emissions.
  • We are in talks with our suppliers to stop none reusable plastics been sent to us, and instead use recycled and reusable plastics or using another form of wrapping, for example recycled paper.
  • We as a company are also looking into green energy to power our business and also to start planting trees to offset our carbon footprint. We are working towards been net zero carbon emissions.